Talent Intensive How to Effectively Hire, Assess and Grow Designers
Sponsored workshop – Half day (4h) | Feb 5 – 9:00
Get the tools and inspiration to design people tools for your organization, and take the first steps toward creating your own.
This workshop is sold out. Check out the rest of our workshop program.
Jay Kaufmann and Gloria Rupprecht will share ideas, tools and exercises for managing design talent. This workshop will help you identify a foundation to drive your talent strategy across the entire employee life-cycle and then dig deep into the various aspects of hiring, performance evaluation, professional development and design culture.
Thought-provoking inputs and hands-on exercises will give you concrete building blocks for your talent strategy and actions for pushing your practice forward next week back in the office.
- Capability planning: Consider the skillsets and traits needed – in your particular situation – to deliver on product development goals.
- Capacity planning: Considering how many designers with what skillsets you need to deliver on the product goals considering the company’s situation.
- Candidate experience journey map: Identify high and low points in your hiring process on a journey canvas.
- Publishing job ads: How to turn your description into an inspiration and reach the right talent.
- Interview framework and questions: How to dig deep and assess designers’ skills.
- Career Matrix: Defining building blocks for fair salary assessment and transparent promotion mechanisms.
- Creative culture: Ideas for fostering an inspiring and productive workplace..
The workshop speaks directly to designers who manage other designers.
Non-designers who hire or manage designers or user researchers will also gain valuable insights and would add some spice to the mix.
Whether you come from a large enterprise, an agency or a start-up, you will take back to the office your own concrete building blocks for shaping your people processes for designers.
About the speakers
Head of Product Design, Talent & Community
It turns out that – despite a long-standing aversion to ending up in a career – Jay has been designing digital products for the past 20 years.
He happened onto building his first team almost a decade ago, and along the way slowly realized that not only had he accidentally ended up in a career, but that climbing the corporate jungle gym can be great fun. And that it’s even more satisfying to help designers find their own career journey.
At Zalando, he has spent the last 2.5 years growing the product design community of practice from 14 to 65 as well as evolving the practice by defining performance assessment criteria and building professional development frameworks.
Product Design Lead
After working as User Experience Designer for Spreadshirt she decided to take the challenge of growing a new UX Team for Zalandos B2B department “Brand Solutions”.
She not only helps designing products people fall in love with but also has hands-on experience in recruiting for the whole design community of Zalando, as well as in teaching design thinking methods to product managers and engineers.